It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, checking the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like knowing when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a host of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the most savings out there. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to set up air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to inform you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a number of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. McFadden Heating & Cooling in Dresden has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 1-866-781-0111.