With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at its best, it can save a large amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your bills and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your McFadden Heating & Cooling expert do air conditioning service
at least each year is key to keeping your system running at its best for a while. He or she can make sure the unit is working properly and can identify potential problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they might inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or replaced during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them every month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you keep a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at McFadden Heating & Cooling a call at 1-866-781-0111.