As we get further in to November and the temperature continues to fall, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to flip on the heat. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter quickly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when the time comes to find a new furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a ring at 1-866-781-0111 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex due to dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t hesitate giving McFadden Heating & Cooling in Dresden a call at 1-866-781-0111. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.