During the cold Dresden months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to McFadden Heating & Cooling will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call McFadden Heating & Cooling ASAP if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from McFadden Heating & Cooling can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call McFadden Heating & Cooling at 1-866-781-0111 or book an appointment with us online.