As warmer weather starts, you might be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Dresden? Even if your AC equipment is up-to-date or was running good last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as getting new oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your equipment inspected seasonally by a McFadden Heating & Cooling technician can help find little issues before they lead to large malfunctions. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively impact your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to take care of intricate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that build up in your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can lead to elevated energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the long run, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps find small issues before they turn into large, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine parts and perform a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These detailed processes often allow us to identify troubles before they create major problems that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver trouble-free operation throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your system is at risk for advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll check the ensuing locations and pieces:
- Complete unit condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Immediately with McFadden Heating & Cooling
Now is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our McFadden Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 1-866-781-0111 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your home, make sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.