Having regular air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Dresden season, have the specialists at McFadden Heating & Cooling perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illegally freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at top efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We recommend taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call McFadden Heating & Cooling today at 1-866-781-0111.