Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Dresden is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While McFadden Heating & Cooling always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape this season.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner before removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. cut the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call McFadden Heating & Cooling in Dresden at 1-866-781-0111 today.